Don’t worry about the Coronavirus-it is not serious
The day before lockdown I walked into a shop to pay an account. Three shop attendees stod behind the counter complaining about no work no pay. I decided to explain to them the seriousness of the situation. The response was: “Agh, you know us, we just carry on.”
The first day after lockdown I stood guard on the veranda, making sure the virus will not jump over the fence. A man strolled leisurely pass. I suggested he return to his home. He showed me his special finger and said I must stay in my house. I wondered when he will take revenge for me reprimanding him.
Two days later someone said: “we do not die from things like that.”
On my way to the chemist I was astonished to see the traffic and how many people without purpose were standing in front of closed shops.
The Coronavirus versus Aids
With the introduction of Aids, everybody feared the sickness and people avoid contact with other people. It was not necessary as the disease is not easily transmitted. Should you prefer to stay safe, do not do the adult thing. A while ago a lady told me she would like to have a baby before she gets Aids.
The Coronavirus is different. You can be contaminated by touching a door or a trolley, even by picking up articles from the shelve without anybody close to you. If you are not going to be careful, you are guaranteed to get the virus. If you are extremely careful, you still in danger.
Change your way of life. 5 Ways to protect yourself
- Do not panic. Stay focused and watch what you are doing and how you do it.
- Do not lean on counters. Sterilize trolley handles before using it.
- Wear gloves. Gloves will not protect you, but it can prevent contamination on the condition that you properly use them. Touchin your face with contaminated gloves has the same effect as if you do not wear gloves.
- Food hygiene. Food can also be contaminated. Disinfect packaging and wait a couple of hours before use. Wash hands regularly the correct way.
- Improve your immunity system. The healthier your immune system is the better chance of survival you have.
Life will go on, but it will never be the same. Be careful.